Scenic | Calm | Waterfront
Calm and serene, Mimico sits on the shores of Lake Ontario. This Etobicoke enclave offers the peace and quiet of a small town along with the convenience of the big city.
Is Mimico a good place to live?
Are you seeking the perfect community for your next condo? Whether you're looking for a fantastic investment or the ideal place to call home, you can't go wrong with Mimico. Here are a few advantages of living here.
• Natural beauty - gorgeous parks, trails, and waterfront views
• Convenience - it's closer to downtown Toronto than you think!
• Hip businesses - new restaurants, cafes, and more
• Local homes - a new crop of incredible modern condos
• The community - friendly neighbours and a small-town feel
While you'll find both big majestic houses (north of Lake Shore) and more modest detached options (including many bungalows) scattered around Mimico, the area is increasingly becoming known for higher-density development—including its modern condo buildings.
Some of the most desirable units can be found in sleek, gleaming towers along the lake. The expansive waterfront views and relatively affordable prices (compared to downtown standards) alone make these condos great options.
Interested in seeing some of the gorgeous developments planned for the area? You can find them right here in my pre-construction listings. Don't forget to read my FAQs about buying brand new if you want to learn more about the process!
It's no surprise that Mimico is fast becoming one of the most in-demand neighbourhoods in Toronto's west end. The area has experienced intense growth of late, and the glittering new condo towers erected along the lakeshore is a testament to that fact.
Mimico's investment potential
When it comes to Mimico's status as an "it" neighbourhood, the word is out. That said, there are still some relatively affordable entry-level properties to be found.
The truth is, many investors are unaware of just how close the area is to downtown, which may make them a little less inclined to buy here. That spells opportunity for those who do their homework!
Toronto is expected to grow steadily in the years ahead, and a sizable portion of the city's newcomers will be young talent moving here for work. For many, Mimico will check all their boxes—from the condos to the transit to the convenient parks, trails, and amenities.
➤ Click here to find more highly investable neighbourhoods like Mimico
Getting in on the ground floor
Mimico is a wonderful place for young professionals, growing families, downsizers, and anyone who wants a mix of small-town charm and big-city convenience. Whether you're seeking a superb quality of life (and a home with strong appreciation potential) or the ideal income property, you'll find it here.
The bottom line? This lakeside neighbourhood is primed for growth, which could mean big benefits for anyone who's ready to take advantage of them. Getting in on the ground floor is the key to maximizing your return!
The first step is finding an agent who knows the community—and the opportunities it has to offer.
While Mimico is convenient for those who commute (or frequently visit) the downtown core, residents can also find plenty of helpful amenities right in their backyard. The area's businesses are located along Royal York Road and Lake Shore Boulevard W. Here are just a few local hotspots worth checking out.
• Birds & Beans Coffee - This local favourite is perfect for a certified organic, fair-trade cup of joe—and baked goods that are a cut above.
• Sanremo Bakery - When you're in the mood for fresh-baked donuts, head to this family-owned Italian bakery. It's been here since 1969!
• tich - Looking for pitch-perfect Indian dishes with a modern twist? Try tich—it's garnered raves from reviewers and Toronto diners alike.
• Appalachia Smoke House & BBQ - Ribs, brisket, and pulled pork are prepared to perfection at this local staple.
The Great Outdoors
To say that Mimico is scenic would be an understatement. This lakefront community is brimming with gorgeous parks and trails. Here are a few must-visit outdoor attractions:
• Humber Bay Park (West & East) - This spacious park offers lookouts across the water, dog walking trails, and even a butterfly sanctuary.
• Mimico Waterfront Park - Along the waterfront, you'll find a green space featuring 1.1 kilometres of trail, boardwalks, beaches, and more.
• Mimico Memorial Park - Just off Royal York sits a family-friendly park with a playground, splash pads, and plenty of mature trees.
• Mimico Creek Trail - This 8-kilometre trail is ideal for hiking, walking, and cycling—and it offers plenty of scenic vantage points.
Where is Mimico?
Located in the south-east corner of Etobicoke, Mimico sits just south of the Gardiner Expressway and west of the Humber River. Many Torontonians don't know that this charming neighbourhood is just a short distance from downtown. For motorists, it's just a 15-minute drive to the city's core.
Who Lives Here?
Mimico is home to an eclectic mix of residents. You'll find locals who have been in the area for decades, along with plenty of young families who were attracted to the community's relative affordability—and the growing number of new and buzz-worthy businesses. The convenient location and sleek modern condo buildings have also meant an influx of young professionals.
Wondering how to get to Mimico? The area is well served by transit, with buses that connect commuters to both the Bloor-Danforth and Yonge-University-Spadina lines. Just off Royal York Road, you'll also find Mimico GO Station. In just twenty minutes, riders can reach Union Station—and start exploring the heart of downtown.
Those with a car have quick access to the Queensway, Lake Shore Boulevard, and the Gardiner. As a motorist, you can get to the city centre in about fifteen minutes!